Written By: The Green Crunchy Mother
I am always interested in and concerned about global warming. Recently, I read an article that I found disturbing concerning this matter. As a mother with three young children, this type of information leaves me wondering about the safety of their future. Did you know that Carbon Dioxide Emissions are the main cause of global warming? Here are some interesting facts:
-A report by the European Commission found that Carbon Dioxide Emissions jumped 45 percent between 1990 and 2010.
-Even more disturbing, these emissions reached an all-time high of 36.4 billion tons in 2010.
– CO2 emissions had a record hike of 5.8% between 2009 and 2010.
Source of Information: Green Living Spring/Summer 2012 Edition.
What Can I do Now To Make a Difference?
– I can start using Compact Fluorescent Bulbs.
– I can inflate my tires on my vehicle.
– I can recycle.
– I can make sure I run my dishwasher only when it is full.
– I can use only recycled paper.
– I can take shorter showers.
– I can install a Low-Flow Shower Head.
– I can eat produce that is locally grown.
– I can carpool whenever it is possible.
– I can walk or ride my bike to my destination when possible.
– I can plant a tree.
– I can air dry my clothes.
– I can buy organic food.
These are just a few examples of the simple things that I can start today to be a part of the solution concerning global warming.
One of my favorite things to do to save our planet is to bring my own recyclable bags to the grocery store.
For more great ideas please visit:
All it takes is one small change at a time to make one big change. You won’t regret it. I know that by making these changes, I am making the world a better place for my boys.
What are you doing to help the planet?