Written By: The Green Crunchy Mother
I just discovered dry shampoo! I was skeptical at first, but I tried it today and I loved it. I have been reading a lot about it lately, and it inspired me to make my own. I love it because it can help decrease the “greasy” hair smell you can get after a few days of not being washed.
This homemade dry shampoo recipe is a wonderful substitute for the store bought versions. If powerful odors and chemicals bother you, this is a fantastic alternative. I’m not a big fan of walking around smelling like artificial flavors, and I’m positive you are not either.
What you will need:
-essential oil of your choice.
-clean makeup brush
- Simply add corn starch to the glass bowl, and add the essential oil of your choice. (Use as desired to achieve scent that you want) Mix using the makeup brush. Always test essential oils on a small area of skin before using to be sure you do not have an allergic reaction.
- Shake a small amount of dry shampoo into your hand. You can also use the makeup brush.
- Rub your hands together to disperse the dry shampoo. You can also use the makeup brush for this.
- Pat the areas of your hair that you would like to shampoo.
- Rub in the dry shampoo as best you can into your hair.
- Brush with a hair brush if you still see any spots of dry shampoo.
Let me know if you try this! Please leave your review in the comments.