Written By: The Green Crunchy Mother
I just discovered dry shampoo! I was skeptical at first, but I tried it today and I loved it. I have been reading a lot about it lately, and it inspired me to make my own. I love it because it can help decrease the “greasy” hair smell you can get after a few days of not being washed.
This homemade dry shampoo recipe is a wonderful substitute for the store bought versions. If powerful odors and chemicals bother you, this is a fantastic alternative. I’m not a big fan of walking around smelling like artificial flavors, and I’m positive you are not either.
What you will need:
-essential oil of your choice.
-clean makeup brush
- Simply add corn starch to the glass bowl, and add the essential oil of your choice. (Use as desired to achieve scent that you want) Mix using the makeup brush.
- Shake a small amount of dry shampoo into your hand. You can also use the makeup brush.
- Rub your hands together to disperse the dry shampoo. You can also use the makeup brush for this.
- Pat the areas of your hair that you would like to shampoo.
- Rub in the dry shampoo as best you can into your hair.
- Brush with a hair brush if you still see any spots of dry shampoo.
Let me know if you try this! Please leave your review in the comments.