This yummy Black Eyed Peas White Bean Chili is flavorful and packed with protein. It’s comfort food your family will love!
1/2 onion chopped fine
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 pound ground turkey
1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 15-oz cans of black eyed peas
1 15-oz can cannellini beans
2 cups chicken broth
1 cups white cheddar cheese shredded
1/4 cups sour cream
- Sauté the onion, garlic and ground turkey until the turkey is browned.
- Be sure to break the turkey into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the jalapeno peppers, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, white pepper and sauté for a few more minutes, until the flavors begin to mingle.
- Add the two cans of black eyed peas (rinse first) and chicken broth.
- Rinse and puree the cannellini beans and add them to the pot.
- Simmer until some of liquid evaporates and the broth to solids ratio suites you.
- To serve, ladle the chili into bowls; sprinkle on the cheese and add a dollop of sour cream.
Each serving is about 1 1/2 cups.